Tuesday 23 October 2012

I’m Pregnant For My Married Boyfriend, He Doesn’t Know I’m Also HIV+ – Should I Tell Him?

Dear 247Gist ,

I’m a young lady aged 27 from Lagos, I was on the street working as a s*x worker for about a year and a half until I met this man.

I was only doing that to raise money for my school. This man took me to his place and we slept together. We never used protection, because he insisted and offered to pay a lot more for going in without protection so I gave in.

Then he told me not to go back to the streets, he said he wanted me to be his girlfriend until his wife who is abroad returned home. Since then he has been sleeping with me just like his own wife.

I got pregnant for him and one day during a routine check for all pregnant women I tested positive to HIV but I have not told him about it. This man is an accountant and lives a comfortable life and can’t afford to lose him. His wife will be returning from UK in December but I’m not ready to move out because I feel he’s also my husband.

What can I do at this point? I feel so confused and don’t know what to do. Should i tell him?

–Confused Lady”

No comments:

Post a Comment