Monday 22 October 2012

Wife seeks divorce over husband’s membership of OPC


A teacher, Mrs Funmi Bello,23, on Monday appealed to an Ikorodu Customary Court in Lagos State to dissolve her three-year-old marriage, alleging that her husband had joined the O’odua People’s’ Congress (OPC).

The petitioner accused her husband, Mr Taofeek Bello, a tailor, of threatening her life with charms.

Funmi, who resides at Agunfoye, in Igbogbo area of Ikorodu, told the court that her husband battered her at the slightest mistake she made.

“Recently, I discovered that my husband had joined OPC when he was not sleeping at home.

“He usually curses me and brings his co-members to threaten me.

“Please separate us; he has threatened to kill me and I don’t want to die now,” she said.

The defendant, a father of one, denied some of  the allegations but testified that he joined OPC and prayed the court for settlement.

“Truly, I joined the OPC but I did not threaten her life with charms; I only brought my members home to help me warn her,” he said.

The Court President, Mrs Risikat Ekerin, adjourned the case till Nov.12, for possible reconciliation.(NAN)

No comments:

Post a Comment